Assessing for Excellence
Your route map through the various self-assessment techniques
The following pages introduce you to a number of different Self-Assessment techniques, all of which are being practised by organisations in Europe and beyond right now. The purpose of this brochure is to help you decide which technique(s) offer your organisation the best value, not just for today , but just as importantly, for the future.
This brochure provides a route map through the various techniques available and their rationales, helping the reader understand the various outputs to be expected from the particular technique undertaken. Part of the decision making process to identify what the best Self- Assessment technique is for your organisation includes positioning them in relation to:
- The existing understanding of the Fundamental Concepts of Excellence, skill in Self-Assessment and knowledge of the EFQM Excellence Model within the organisation.
- The resource available and the overall objective of undertaking a Self-Assessment.
- The desired outcomes from the exercise, for instance, a first experience, actionable data, benchmarking against others.
The information contained in this brochure is applicable to all organisations, be they from the traditional business world, Public Services, or entities such as Not-For- Profit Organisations, Charities and Churches. This brochure is for:
- People who have been tasked with leading a Self- Assessment initiative in their organisation.
- Line managers who are, or will be, involved in the Self-Assessment process.
- People actively involved in improvement initiatives in their organisation.
- Universities and business schools that offer Sustainable Excellence related subjects.
- Consultancies with an active interest in Sustainable Excellence and Self-Assessment.
- National, regional and local Excellence / Quality Associations.
- Executive Summary
- EFQM Excellence Model 2013
- The need for a Model
- Fundamental Concepts of Excellence
- The Criteria
- Enabler Criterion
- Results Criterion
- The RADAR Logic
- Scoring using the EFQM Model
- Self-Assessment and Strategy
- Positioning Self-Assessment within Strategic Planning
- What really matters to your organisation?
- Achieving More with Less
- Self-Assessment Cycle
- Step 1 : Engage the Management Team
- Step 2 : Plan the Assessment
- Step 3 : Train the Participants
- Step 4 : Conduct the Assessment
- Step 5 : Agree Priorities
- Step 6 : Develop Action Plans
- Step 7 : Monitor Progress
- Self-Assessment Tools
- Simple Self-Assessment
- EFQM Quick Check
- EFQM Business Excellence Matrix
- EFQM Excellence Matrix
- Site Visit Simulation
- Which approach suits your organisation?
- The EFQM Management Document
- EFQM Excellence Award
- Scoring profiles (2010 to 2012)
- EFQM Training & Recognition
- EFQM Training
- Journey to Excellence Training
- Basic Assessor Training
- Leaders for Excellence
- Internal Assessor Training
- EFQM Assessor Training
- EFQM Recognition
- EFQM Committed to Excellence
- EFQM Recognised for Excellence
- EFQM Excellence Award
- Further reading
Take a look inside
- EFQM Member : 30.40 Euro (excluding VAT)
- Non-member : 38.00 Euro (excluding VAT)
English, German, French, Czech
How to order
This publication can be ordered through the EFQM Shop.
Assessing for Excellence is also available in epublication format :